Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why the 5th pick isn't the end of the world...technically

Yesterday I was in Midtown with hundreds of other Kings fans awaiting the results of the lottery. I was among the rest of the world of Kings Fans that hung their heads in disappointment at the 5th pick in the draft. Thanks a lot balls...we didn't want that pick! But what can you do? I am putting my disgruntled attitude aside and looking at it as positively as I can. Here is what the "experts" are saying.

Depending on which mock draft you look at you will see a couple of different options for the Kings at the 5th spot. But before I go there, the top 4 is a hot mess! The top three is pretty much sealed, Wall, Turner, Favors. But it's that 4 spot that is messing everything else up for our 5th pick. According to Bleacher Report Demarcus Cousins is going in the 4 spot and the Kings are taking another Syracuse Orangeman in Wesley Johnson, I'm sure Donte will be happy! Shaun Ahmad, a senior analyst with Bleacher Report has a significantly different mock draft than any other reporter out there. His top three match up with the rest of the field Wall, Turner, Favors, but his 4 sport goes to Wesley Johnson. So one would think, "Okay, Cousins is still available, the Kings will take him in this mock up." But no, Ahmad has the Kings taking Greg Monroe from Georgetown. Sorry, but I've never heard this guys name mentioned for the Kings of any other high picking team!

Here's a running tally of a handful of sports reports of who the Kings will take at 5:

Cousins: 4
Johnson: 1
Monroe: 1
Aminu: 1

Basically the "experts" say Cousins, but who knows. These are the same guys where half were reporting that the Kings would take Rubio last year...thank goodness they were wrong about that! But hey, if they can be right about Cousins, I wouldn't complain. He's been my pick from the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment