Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lottery

With exactly 3 weeks to go before the NBA Draft Lottery takes place, where the Kings have yet another chance at the coveted #1 pick, who do we want? Granted there is no way to tell where we are picking, but one would be inclined to believe it is a top 3 pick, but who knows.

There are a ton of players entering the draft this year, mainly half Kentucky Wildcat team, but this draft class is relatively weak in terms of "star" players. We all know Geoff Petrie is a draft god grabbing our favorite in the #4 spot last year, getting the gems of Omri Casspi and the up and coming John Brockman. In past years we have gotten some amazing players late in the first round, you know back in the golden years of .500 seasons!!! Who do we want? Wall, Cousins, Favors? Someone else???!!! Who?

It has been reported and quoted, by what source I do not recall, but it is being reported that face of the Kings, Tyreke Evans is lobbying hard for Demarcus Cousins, saying something along the lines of "you have no idea what I could do with a guy like him [Cousins]." So, is Tyreke already able to put his word in and influence the pick of Petrie? Ehhh probably not, I for one would love to get Cousins. I think if we were to get the #1 or even #2 pick it's highly probable. At #3 I think the Kings become a bit more unpredictable. The so called "experts" are saying the Kings will pick at #3 and take Favors, but I'm hoping for a higher pick! I think we got robbed of the #1 pick last year, even though I am more than happy with our #4 super star, and ROY, in Evans, but it would make me feel better to not get shafted this year with the fall of those pesky white ping pong balls! I don't know who would be the best fit for the Kings, it's why I'm a fan blogger and not in the front office, but I would be more inclined to lean towards Cousins if we were to pick at #1. I think Wall is too much like Tyreke and even though he's an amazing player and likely to have an amazing year and career, I'm still in favor of Cousins and his style of play and how well it can match up with Tyreke and Company!

No comments:

Post a Comment